Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Equal Time


Tommy, the benevolent dictator, demands equal time. Not really. As head of household he judiciously manages his demands to ensure he always gets what he wants when he wants it. In contrast, like the boy who cried wolf, Jimmy tends to yeow for no particular reason and therefore gets ignored more often.

Yesterday I received an invitation to the inauguration! Such an honor to receive an invitation to all of the public events. I think I'll stick with my private inaugural party instead--that is, my plan to sew the binding on to the quilt of valor while privately viewing the inauguration on television. I imagine the quilt would be acceptable on the mall if it's cold. I suspect, however, that the needle and thread for sewing on the binding would not be as welcome.

No comments: